A Amazon is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers’ high-profile, consumer electronics products, such as the Kindle, Kindle Fire, Fire TV, and Echo. The products we design and engineer are easy to use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity.
The Mechanical Process Program Manager (MPPM) Intern works closely with teams located in both the US and China throughout the design cycle. As a member of the MPPM team, you will assist the driving of cross-functional communication within region. You will assist in closely monitoring and driving China side activities including tooling release, process qualification, and material preparation for builds.
· Work closely with Mechanical Process Engineering and Tooling teams, cross-functional team as well as suppliers to keep tooling and material schedules on track
· Assist the driving and tracking of mechanical material readiness for Engineering builds
· Lead internal process improvement projects
· Travel domestically and internationally to supplier sites as needed to keep project on schedule
· Can work 5 days per week during summer holiday for at least 3 months duration
· Is willing to work in Shenzhen
· Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or above degree program in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Automation or related field
· Will graduate in 2022
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes of plastic or metal parts
· Knowledge of production process qualification, measurement, and analysis
· Familiar with CAD software
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills (Chinese and English)
· Demonstrated critical thinking capability
· Self-motivated and proactive
· Past experience or coursework in project management
· Previous internship experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.