In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Work with a worldwide supply base and our global Business Innovation Units (BIU’s) to help ensure high quality purchased materials. , SQE team leads Supplier Quality Engineering activities during new product development, purchased material quality issue resolution and ongoing supplier quality monitoring.
- Perform Supplier Quality activities related to purchased part qualification with suppliers, supplier quality issue resolution and ensuring appropriate incoming material inspection strategies. Drive quality activities with suppliers, setting a high standard and fast response expectation so quality issues are prevented or minimized. Lead with best practices to enable our organization to provide high quality medical products to our customers.
You are responsible for
- Manage Supplier Quality related activities for purchased materials for electrical commodities such as printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA’s), printed circuit boards (PCB’s), and critical components.
- Work with suppliers through the BIUs APQP process to ensure all necessary quality activities are rigorously addressed during initial product release and change such as: process mapping, process FMEA, process control plan, process validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), GR&R, MSA, line release, ramp monitoring, etc. Ensure supplier test strategy aligns with quality goals.
- Resolve quality issues via structured quality methods in order to ensure efficient and effective root cause analysis, and corrective / preventive actions that ensure there is no recurrence.
- Execute supplier audits, CAPA’s and monitor supplier metrics.
- Orchestrate Philips first article inspection / first production inspection, and ongoing inspection plans that are aligned with supplier’s capabilities, quality history and our product needs. Support key processes as subject matter expert.
You are a part of
- A global SQE Team, reports SQE Business Partner.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS Engineering degree and minimum, major in Electrical/Electronic engineering is preferred
- More than 5 years industry experience in manufacturing of electrical systems/products/solutions, experience, Experience in a highly regulated environment is highly preferred (such as medical, aerospace or automotive), Certified auditor for ISO13485 or 9001 preferred. Certified auditor for ISO13485 or 9001 preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes for Electronics commodities such as printed circuit board assemblies, printed circuit boards, power supplies, cables, electrical components, etc.
- Experience with all aspects of supplier quality management: quality concepts/tools/methods (e.g. APQP / PPA / PSW, FMEA, DOE, IQ/OQ/PQ, TMV / MSA, GRR, 8D, etc.), quality issue resolution and quality monitoring measures.
- Knowledge of the Purchasing function and associated commodity, supply base, quality and data management considerations. Understanding of Procurement, Supplier Relationship Management, Material and Supplier Quality and Data Management areas.
- Effective communicator. Able to work effectively with global, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Prefer, CQE, six-sigma Black Belt or Green Belt.
- Fluent in English and Chinese language skills required
In return, we offer you
- A promising professional career development platform.
- Work in the medical industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges, you will be empowered to drive high quality, ground breaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you.
- Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.philips.com.