It’s at the core of our company. The center of our mission. The heart of how we save people money so they can live better. Walmart is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of millions across the globe. In 2002, we established the Global Sourcing Division of Walmart. Our teams facilitate the direct purchasing of merchandise for all Walmart retail operations. We have Global Merchandise Centres in the USA, Mexico and UK supported by 16 sourcing offices located around the world, our division continues to develop and maintain a fully integrated supply chain that delivers merchandise to our retail locations across the globe. We drive price leadership and speed-to-market strategies, allowing Walmart to deliver on the promise of saving people money so they can live better. We are an important team that require dedicated professionals whose ultimate goal is to create essential value for our customers and communities around the world
Employment Type (GS)
• Partner with BTV Packaging Team to deliver Best in Class retailer’ private brand packaging to meet customer and business needs.
• Demonstrate expertise in brand packaging & development, initiatives, sourcing, costing, and changes.
• Develop training /guideline for suppliers to drive improvement and comply company expectation.
• Manage the DI packaging supplier base and the coordination between merchandise supplier and packaging supplier .
• Implement company policy, compliance requirements on ES, sustainability, labeling, execute packaging strategies .
• Lead the communication role with regional sourcing offices on process, standards and requirements.
• Monitor the quality consistency for packaging of DI’s items and supplier’s performance.
• Act as an important role for GS Sourcing & DI Suppliers in support of their packaging needs.
• Responsible for daily artwork proofing, brand consistency, sample approval, and quality management and improvement.
• Support ad-hoc request from the business for packaging needs on re-design, structure change, re-sizing, PD/Sourcing trip, trouble shooting on quality/delivery issues.
• Partner with BTV Packaging team and Suppliers on EDLP, and support Sourcing on CCS review for cost saving or right cost.
• Communicate & execute packaging requirements/ process/initiatives/changes efficient& effective.
• Supplier support – provide technical support to suppliers.
• Drive to meet compliance requirements, and track/record/report their status.
• Good packaging technical skill, strong knowledge of packaging design, artwork, production, material and processes.
• English and Mandarin speaking with good written and verbal communication.
• Negotiating and Influencing skills (ability to influence stakeholders, negotiating better cost with suppliers).
• Project Management- identify key tasks and track progress towards key milestones, ensure quality and on time delivery.
• Ability to work as a key offshore contact in support of packaging developments for stakeholder and a global vendor base
• College degree in packaging engineer/design or business related field and 5 years experience in packaging.
• Mac computer literate
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Education University – 4-year degree/Bachelors in Packaging Engineer/ Design
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.