Position Title: Senior Sourcing Analyst
Reports to: Senior Sourcing Manager
Location: Shenzhen, China
The Senior Sourcing Analyst will be a role primarily designed to help with the management of ocean freight capacity for Newell. The position will require interfacing with ocean carriers, origin management providers and Newell supply chain employees in order to help improve ocean forecasting process, understand space available from carriers, help ensure compliance/use of awarded ocean carriers, maximize the use of space available to Newell and help secure space where additional volume is required.
This role will also help with the implementation and transition to a new origin management providers across various Newell business units, further develop carrier relations in the region and support other transportation initiatives in the region.
Heavy interaction with the different teams around the world will be required particularly with the US.
• Develop/manage system (excel based or other) in order to consolidate space available to Newell that can be compared to forecast in order to identify space gaps
• Collect space plans/allocation from various carriers on a regular basis (weekly, monthly, etc) – based on carriers space plan generation
• Work with freight forwarders and Newell origin management teams to allocate space available from each carrier based on awarded volumes by business unit and forecast
• Help in the coordination of identifying space gaps and securing additional space
• Carrier/origin management relationships
• Other assignments (QBRs, KPI tracking, etc)
• Bachelor degree, 4 years of supply chain/ocean freight related working experience
• Person willing to deal with data on regular basis
• Pay attention to details
• Self-motivated and independent self-starter.
• Strong data analytical skills
• Proficiency in Excel is key
• Team player
• Good communication skills in written and verbal English
• Power Pivot, Power BI and other analytic tools are preferred
• Some travel might be required
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.