The Senior Buyer will be based in Shenzhen Futian. He or She is responsible to work with demand planning team, material planning team, Customer supply chain team, as well as a group of direct material suppliers for the timely and properly supply of BOM materials to support customer forecast, build plan, NPI projects, etc. to fulfill time-to-market strategy.
Besides, he or she will also execute commercial aspects with suppliers including communication of material readiness via PPO process, PO placement, payment monitoring. Duties like expediting or re-scheduling of delivery, commitment of materials delivery, OTD monitoring, new parts registration, ECO implementation, abnormal case including quality return, etc. will be also part of the scope of works.
As the Senior staff in the purchasing team, he or she will also act as the team Lead for certain commodity categories or a certain group of key materials / suppliers. He or she should demonstrate the leadership & accountability in his / her area of subject matters.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Plan, schedule and manage the movement of materials through the whole supply chain cycle including Customers, Flex’s and supplier’s
- Plan, order, monitor, and communicate, report about materials based on requisitions and MRP output.
- Confers and negotiates with vendors to obtain product information such as price, availability and delivery schedule, supply plan
- Expedites delivery, re-schedule or cancellation of supply, manage product life cycle to materials
- Analyzes inventory levels, optimize and reduce the liability exposure. Prepares liability reports for excess and obsolete management.
- Manages supplier to price, delivery and quality expectations and escalates when appropriate. Conducts supplier performance review and follow up of improvement
- Maintains procurement records, reports and metrics
- Be the SME in the area of commodity and supply base, as well as insights in the electronics supply market
- May gather quotations, examine bids, negotiate contracts and make awards.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Better being trained of Supply Chain management, SCOR model, etc. Understand the dynamics of global supply chain update
- Requires a minimum of 5-10 years of purchasing, procurement, buyer, materials planner, or merchandiser, etc experiences
- Good written English, basic oral English
- Have planning and materials experience
- Familiar with ERP, MRP, good command of Excel / database skills
- Strong communication, negotiation and inter-personal skills
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Good oral English is a plus
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Social Insurance
- Life Insurance
Global Procurement & Supply Chain
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit flextronics.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.