Educator is truly the most important role in lululemon, and we rely on our educators to authentically share our culture and brand with their community.
About the role
Educators at lululemon athletica do just that! They educate! Their main role is to effectively educate our guests on the fabrics, features, fit and function of our product, our culture, and the communities we belong to. Our goal is to have guests leave our stores having learned something, rather than having purchased something. By educating guests we empower them to make decisions for themselves based on the facts that we offer them. The guesswork is taken out of shopping for customers, and a ‘Wow! It’s You!’ guest experience is created, leaving customers with the knowledge to educate others on behalf of lululemon athletica. Authentic conversations are key to delivering the ultimate guest experience by relaying your experiences with lululemon products to the guest.
A Day in the Life
Education and Guest Experience:
- Provides guests with world-class ‘education’ and guest experience in the areas of product, culture, and community by speaking authentically about product use through their own experiences
- Product Education: communicates special features, benefits, fabric properties, usage, and best care instructions
- Culture Education: ‘demonstrates’, the culture held within the company, including: attitude of fun, respect, support, empowerment, encouragement, passion, interaction with other staff, and in-store discussion of lifestyle (i.e. yoga, fitness, health and fun)
- Community Education: ensures guest is aware of in-store community bulletin board – for information and resources regarding yoga and other health, fitness and related community information. We are the hub for all sweaty endeavors in our communities!
- Creates excitement and FUN for our guests on the retail floor
- Receives/processes stock received from warehouse, involving unpacking, counting, tagging as required, folding, sizing and placing on the floor, with overflow stock in back room and stored areas
- Assists in preparing the store for the day including replenishing garment styles and other merchandise by color, size, and quantity requirements; folding, sizing, and merchandising as required
- Answers phone inquiries as required
- Ensures stock replenishment in work areas
- Ensures items from change rooms are returned to appropriate area – sized and tagged
- Prepares pants for hemming including pinning, completing necessary documentation (customer/store hemming slip); and educating regarding timelines for completion
- Arranges for mail and/or delivery, as required, to other locations and/or warehouse
- Completes assigned clean up evening duty
- Utilizes the Point of Sale cash system, processes payments, refunds and exchanges and issues gift cards
- Prepares alterations for pick up the next day
- Unpacks boxes for inventory as required. Boxes can weigh 10 – 30 lbs
- Under the direction of the Store/Assistant Manager performs/completes other additional project, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
Our “Must Haves”
- Passion, knowledge and involvement in yoga, and/or other fitness, health or sports activities required. We expect that you will be enrolled in participating in weekly fitness activities in and out of the store with the store team
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate, friendly and authentic
- Excellent team player and ability to work independently
- Responsible and dependable
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Extraordinary guest interaction, organizational and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- College and above education. Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, retail, or related field will be preferred
- General computer knowledge
Part-time Educator Working Hours
We expect all part-time employees to be available to open and close a minimum of once per week. Everyone must work one weekend day. Part-time is up to 24 hours per week. Time is spent educating on the retail floor.
To apply for this job please visit careers.lululemon.com.