About the Company
• Meiyi are an educational company with a strong focus on cross-subject drama education based in Shenzhen, China. They are pioneers in drama-based kindergarten education having established The Royal Kindergarten Education Centre which they have run for the last twelve years: www.rkec.cc
• Meiyi is launching a new Theatre Arts course in 2020 for under 12s and are looking for experienced teachers to join their staff.
• This opportunity may be of interest to teachers with Drama, Music and/or Musical Theatre specialisms as well as those interested in new forms of creative education.
• The role will involve working with students aged 3-12
• Teachers may also be required to take part in some performances and events
• Initially the role will involve working from our Shenzhen office and contributing to the development of our new Theatre Arts curriculum.
• You will be working with a small established team of foreign teachers with varied arts education backgrounds.
• We are willing to consider a wide range of applicants for this role including experienced English teachers with performing arts skills who wish to transfer to drama-based teaching. Guidance and help will be provided.
• We are also keen to hear from those with significant professional performing arts experience, who wish to be involved in the building of an exciting new Programme.
• An undergraduate degree or higher
• Minimum two years provable teaching experience OR TEFEL Certificate (applicants who are willing to undertake a TEFEL course before commencement will be considered)
• Native / fluent English speaker
• Priority will currently be given to applicants already in China.
• Arts and crafting abilities.
• Piano Skills
• Specialisms such as Puppetry, Circus skills, Dance.
• Experience teaching early years
• Experience with ESL students
• Curriculum and lesson plans
• Teacher training
• Visa fees and the cost of a return flight to Shenzhen, China
• Assistance finding accommodation if required
• Relocation assistance if required
Salary & Contract Length
• Salary 18000～28000 RMB (pre-tax) per month depending on experience.
• A minimum contract period of 12 months with a two-month probationary period.
• Maximum 40 working hours per week; 5 working days per week.
Start Date: October/November 2020
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV AND A BRIEF COVERING LETTER OUTLINING YOUR SUITABILITY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com