At PCH, we encourage you to be you.
What sets PCH apart is our people. We celebrate and value the unique voice each person brings to PCH. We are committed to strengthening our teams by creating opportunity and developing careers with people of different backgrounds, including race, religion, culture, ability, identity, orientation, gender, age, experience, perspective and more. Be you and be part of our team.
With an impressive customer roster, we are growing our team. We are looking to recruit talented, passionate and driven individuals to our exceptional team in Shenzhen, China. Our Innovation Hub is home to our product development and new product introduction team, including mechanical, electrical, firmware, process, tooling, equipment, and quality engineers, program managers and operational staff. Partnering with our product engineering colleagues in San Francisco, we work together to guide our customers through our product development platform from concept to the consumer out-of-box experience.
Does this sound like the place for you? Please read through the job description carefully and submit all requested application materials. We are thrilled to be growing our team and can’t wait to meet you!
The Director, Systems Architecture is a commercially astute professional at PCH who is responsible for leading all system design aspect of PCH projects, globally; the voice of PCH in Systems Design. The role requires a strong empathy and understanding of Service to Customer and the successful candidate will have proven record in developing world class products and solutions and will have engaged in sharing knowledge and practice with the best global talent in their field. This role is an individual contributor role, but the candidate must be able to leverage, lead and manage cross functional teams, partnerships and networks.
· Responsible for managing all system architecture aspects of PCH consumer projects development including, technology integration, prototype design verification and production design validation.
· Review initial design concepts with our customers to get a thorough understanding of customer requirements, explicitly stated or intelligently solicited.
· Develop potentially differentdraft solutions or proposals to customers for consideration, and clearly analyze system level architecture trade-offs.
· Quickly scope the product features and efforts required for implementation per customer input to support the quotation process and advise on both internal development effort and distributed external development effort.
· Provide proactive thought leadership and strategic problem solving to the project team throughout the development lifecycle.
· Work with program management and senior technical team to prepare (where not already available) or update/confirm (where pre-existing document is in place) PRD for customer projects.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams – including mechanical, electronic and firmware engineering – on hardware design and development processes.
· Develop the system architecture to meet the PRD; guide in-house or distributed development team to implement the architected design.
· Conduct regular reviews and lead scheduled gate reviews on development progress with our internal technical team and our customers.
· Obtain clear understanding of the overall system requirements for those designs where PCH has no overall responsibility but is supporting customer for part of the development.
· Be the primary interface for communicating with our customers on technical direction and issues at the system level.
· Maintain overall ownership of system designs of PCH-designed products even in sustaining phase (product already in mass production)
· Ensure development of required competencies required to deliver future products and technology roadmaps.
· Min of 10+ years, consumer electronics product experience from development phase through manufacturing implementation phase.
· Has good experience working with different design platforms.
· Has a good understanding of firmware design on top of a strong electronics background.
· Stay abreast new technology and have good relationship with large distributors that provide regular updates on new offerings from component manufacturers.
· Has good appreciation for DFx concepts.
· Has experience managing or working closely with technical teams in China.
· Strong communication skills to discuss technical designs and issues externally with customer and internally with the development team.
· Ability to manage customer’s expectations, including push-back and negotiating boundaries with customers while staying professional.
· Comfortable working through ambiguity with strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
· Thorough, disciplined, methodical approach, with good documentation habits.
· Team player with exceptional conversational & written communication, negotiation & presentation skills.
· Demonstrated experience developing complex systems and deep understanding of product development technical documentation including design drawings, DFMEA, verification test procedures and test reports.
· Experience in preparing and delivering proposals to customer technical executives.
If it can be imagined, it can be made.
At PCH, we push past the normal standards of customer satisfaction, engineering and manufacturing ingenuity, and what it means to be a collaborative team.
We partner with innovative Fortune 500 companies and startups that are passionate about design, brand, and the consumer experience. We help guide product development through all phases of the product journey — from concept and design engineering, manufacturing, postponement and fulfillment, to supply chain and inventory management. Hardware development is fast-paced and rewarding. At PCH we are proud to celebrate our successes as a team.
If you are an imaginative, thoughtful, and open-minded innovator, we’d love to meet you.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.