Who We Are
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial – nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Groups existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinions interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
What You’ll Do
- Translate business strategy into digital transformation and technology strategy
- Define client’s requirements, change strategies and implementation plan
- Management of work packages/modules in critical IT implementation projects
- Analysis of the status quo and optimization of IT architectures
- IT project management and quality assurance
- Tailoring Agile frameworks and functional concepts for client implementation
- Play as product owner and scrum master in project teams, or coaching client managers in these roles
- Continuously communicate with client stakeholders on business value realization
What You’ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- A university degree with above-average academic performance in information technology, or business administration
- At least 6 years of professional experience in the field of IT/DT project management and solution development
- Proven track record of delivering technology products in Agile organization
- Experience in at least managing 2 full cycle projects, ideally in consumer products, industrial products and financial services, such as insurance and banking.
- Expertise in project planning and controlling
- Experience in requirement and configuration management
- Insight into quality and risk management processes
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- Distinct client and results orientation
- A confident and convincing manner
- Team spirit, communication and presentation skills, and mental agility
- Flexibility, ability to work under pressure, and willingness to travel
- In-depth knowledge in large enterprise’s business strategy and operational process.
- Mastering of enterprise architecture in terms of organization, process, data, applications and infrastructure
- Knowledge of customer centric digital operating model, such as digital marketing, omni-channel commerce, smart supply chain, modern manufacturing etc.
- Professional certifications in project management (such as PMI – PMP), Scrum (such as Scrum Alliance – CSM/CSPO/CSD/CSP) or Scaled Agile (such as SAFe Scaled Agilest) are required
- Proficiency in business modelling and project management tools
- Basic knowledge with technical architecture and digital transformation trends
- Analytical and structured
- Able to think strategically/end-to-end
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Flexibility in different client culture, i.e. state-owned enterprises, private-owned enterprises and MNCs.
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Mandarin
- Loyal and reliable
- Results-oriented, hard-working
- Highest ethical standards
- Flexible and creative: ability to propose innovative ideas, build empathy within the firm and win the trust of the clients
- Highly professional and rigorous
- Good business sense
- Team player, open, pleasure to work with and positive in a group dynamic
- Good interpersonal skills but also judgment independency and autonomy
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive
To apply for this job please visit careers.bcg.com.