Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
The candidate is going to take responsibility for PMIC linux kernel driver related development/support on Qualcomm IoT platforms, including new platforms bring up, driver development, working with Linux open source community, joint development/debug with vendors on new features and failures, providing support to CE team for customer issues.
Qualcomm new platforms bring up support.
Qualcomm platforms PMIC driver development and troubleshooting, including charging/battery/FG/LEDs;
Providing support to internal test teams and CE team on PMIC related issues/cases.
Joint development/debug with test/PMIC system team on any PMIC related feature/issues
MUST have Computer Science background (MS or BS).
MUST have software development experience.
Expert knowledge of C programming and debugging skills.
Expert knowledge of data structures, algorithms and operating systems internals.
Proficient in Linux BSP and device driver development and debugging.
Experience with PMIC driver related development is not a must but good-to-have.
Conversational knowledge of verbal and written English.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 1+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
• 1+ years experience with Database Management Software.
• 1+ years experience with API.
• 1+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
To apply for this job please visit qualcomm.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.