Walmart.com | Save Money. Live Better.
It’s at the core of our company. The center of our mission. The heart of how we save people money so they can live better. Walmart is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of millions across the globe. In 2002, we established the Global Sourcing Division of Walmart. Our teams facilitate the direct purchasing of merchandise for all Walmart retail operations. We have Global Merchandise Centres in the USA, Mexico and UK supported by 16 sourcing offices located around the world, our division continues to develop and maintain a fully integrated supply chain that delivers merchandise to our retail locations across the globe. We drive price leadership and speed-to-market strategies, allowing Walmart to deliver on the promise of saving people money so they can live better. We are an important team that require dedicated professionals whose ultimate goal is to create essential value for our customers and communities around the world
• Ensure appropriate and timely follow up of the assigned sourcing tasks
• Support cost negotiation and sample development
• Execute orders to ensure on time shipment
• Provide administrative support to business unit
• Track costing and sample status and monitor completion timeline.
• Compile and consolidate sample and costing for comparison.
• Coordinate with functional departments, and 3rd party service providers on order execution
• Systems, forms usage, office procedure process follow ups
• Assist to direct product specs to the right supplier.
• Compile and consolidate performance data of each supplier on a regular basis. Monitor supplier performance.
• Compile relevant business reports
• Proactively identify best practice and operational issues.
• Assume additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
• Buy trip preparation: Supplier meeting, factory visit, sample collection, trip schedule and transportation arrangement.
• Order execution: Sample approval, monitor inspection/delivery, problem solving with different dept. to ensure smooth process and in time shipment.
• Good communication skills – verbal and written- Good command of English as well as local language
• Proficient in Microsoft office ( excel spreadsheet, word, power point ). Able to work with some formula and create data analysis
• Analytical, organized, proactive, sense of urgency
• Able to handle multiple tasks in organized manner.
• Good interpersonal skill, patience
• Timeline tracking and discipline
• Take ownership, flexible and able to work under pressure
• Able to identify creative alternative solutions to solve problems
• Basic production knowledge, costing and retail knowledge
• Good negotiation/communication skills in working with suppliers and retail market on product, price and coordination.
• Team player with ability to work with associates from different cultures.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Education University – 4-year degree/Bachelors
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.