“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Scope of Position
The focus of the Account Manager is on maintaining ownership of existing identified house accounts to improve the level of customer service while increasing business opportunities. Initiative, drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, are the keys to achieving the performance objectives of the Account Manager role at Expeditors.
The job provides growth opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results. The Local Account Manager reports to the District Customer Retention and Development Manager.
System & Tools 20%
- Proper customer organization structure in CRM following the company’s global standards
- CRM input and management ensuring data integrity at all times.
- Assist in creating and maintaining customers SOPs.
- Leverage and implement Expeditors reporting tools and Value add solutions internally and externally with all selected customers. Evaluate their usage and quantify their cost savings/cost avoidance.
- Design &Build customized Review template and presentations based on Customers’ needs.
- Establish proper customer business mapping to ensure complete understanding of customer’s global business, stakeholders, spending, strategy, goals, etc…
- Create and communicate a global strategic business plan in alignment with customers mapping and Expeditors goals.
- Ensure global visibility and collaboration across Expeditors network (Strategic updates, KPIs, Service deliverable, Initiatives…)
- Penetrate Customers organizational structure at all levels, developing relationships beyond the main point of contact at all locations.
- Fence the relationship with selected customers through advanced services and technology value add solutions.
- Drive the right Global engagement with the customers (meetings & reviews) meeting or exceeding Expeditors’ global standards.
- Pursue a larger Global wallet share with all customers, while promoting up and cross selling with all customers at all locations.
- Collaborate with the various departments and branches through regular meetings and joint calls to promote existing and new service offerings at all locations.
- Ownership, accountability and ongoing management of Global pipeline and Opportunities to ensure a healthy growth potential and faster business closure.
- Promote Expeditors Marketing Activities and events with all customers.
- Schedule Regional & International travel when necessary to address global business need and growth potential.
- Continuous Review of Customers Revenue Report and Analysis.
Desired Skill-Sets and Characteristics
- University or Equivalent business qualifications
- Demonstrated customer service skills, project management Skills, problem solving skills and proven interpersonal skills
- Min 1-3 years Expeditors or industry experience
- Knowledge of required Expeditors operating systems and tools as well as PC skills including word processing , excel, power point
Expeditors offers excellent benefits including
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Social Insurance and Housing Fund
- Commercial Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit www.smartrecruiters.com.